Quick Start Guide
Its pretty easy to setup this plugin on your website and take advantage of a lot of awesome features that will enhance the functionality of your WordPress website.
Here’s a step by step quick start guide to get this plugin up and running on your website:
- Install and activate this plugin.
- Once you have installed and activated this plugin, you can use our Setup Assistant or refer to this document for further steps.
- Page Setup (Required): This plugin requires a few pages created with specific shortcodes. Once you create these pages, select them under CSSJockey >> Membership Modules >> Configuration >> Page Setup. You can either use our auto page setup feature and update shortcodes via our Shortcode Generator or create each page manually, insert the shortcodes via our Shortcode Generator and select them under Page Setup plugin settings page. You would need to create following pages with proper shortcodes:
- Registration Setup: Once you have completed the page setup, you can choose the registration method you would like to use under CSSJockey >> Membership Modules >> Configuration >> Basic Configuration menu. On this page under Registration Setup, you can update the following:
- Enable WordPress registrations and setup default role for new users.
- Choose password generation for new user registrations and specify minimum length for passwords.
- Choose registration type between Normal, Approvals Required or Invitation only.
- Enable email verification if you want users to verify their email addresses before they can create an account on your website.
- Customize registration form fields under CSSJockey >> Membership Modules >> Customization >> Custom Form Fields.
- Mange syncing for custom form fields and WordPress user profile fields.
- Customize email messages sent via this plugin on different user actions.
- Setup Social Media Login and Registration and insert social login shortcodes on pages or sidebar text widget as per your choice.
- Setup Custom Message widget based on user login status and insert shortcodes to display user information.
- Setup Spam Protection for login, register, edit profile and reset password forms.
- Setup restricted content only for logged in users.
- Setup WordPress default behaviour and admin dashboard access.
- Customize CSS and JS as per your requirements.
Once you are done with the setup, try creating a dummy account, login, logout, recover password and edit profile and see if everything works as per your requirements. If required make changes and refer to complete documentation for each feature to take full advantage of the awesome features that comes with this plugin.
Help & Support
If you have any questions, feedback, new feature requests or found bugs please refer to our Getting Help Section on this page.