Configuring WordPress Defaults
This plugin comes with a few WordPress tweaks which can help you avoid installing additional scripts or plugins to modify the default WordPress behaviour. You can manage WordPress defaults CSSJockey >> Membership Modules >> Configuration >> Basic Configuration.
WordPress Admin Bar
First option under WordPress defaults settings is to enable or disable WordPress Admin Bar for front end. If disabled, WordPress admin bar will not be displayed to any user including administrators. However, it won’t affect the WordPress admin bar in the back end.
WordPress Dashboard Access
Here you can specify the roles who can access WordPress admin dashboard. Administrator is default and cannot be removed however, if any other user try to go to http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin they will be redirected to website home page. Only user roles specified here will be able to access WordPress dashboard.
Disable WordPress Default Pages
Now this one requires great attention. This will disable wp-login.php which is used by WordPress to login, register and reset password features and redirect the user to your website homepage.
Before enabling this option, make sure you have completed the page setup and you can login from the front end login form. If you are logged out of the site, system cannot identify you as an admin so this will block access for you as well.
How to access WordPress dashboard if I didn’t follow the recommended setup?
If you enable this option without setting up the login form on front end, you would need to follow below steps to get access to WordPress default login page.
- Connect to your web server via FTP
- Browse to WordPress Install Folder >> wp-content >> plugins
- Rename the cj-membership-modules folder to anything. (e.g. cj-membership-modules-1)
- WordPress will automatically de-activate the Membership Modules plugin as it won’t find the installed directory.
- Browse to http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin and refresh the page till you see WordPress default login page.
- Once you see that page, you can login to WordPress dashboard.